Solace Pediatric Home Healthcare

Finding the Right Doctor for Your Family

A good time to begin your search is about 3 months before the baby is expected. If you’re in a managed health care plan, your choice of participating doctors who provide primary care for children may be limited, so be sure to check the plan’s online list (paper lists get outdated quickly). Call and Ask Questions, Know Your Needs If

Read More
Solace Pediatric Home Healthcare

Sports Injury Prevention for Kids

Tips to Minimize the Risk of Injury Sports provide a great platform for many kids to get exercise, feel good, and experience a little healthy competition.  In today’s world, more kids than ever before are competing in sports starting at an early age. Kids are running faster, jumping higher and ultimately pushing themselves harder – but at what expense? Most

Read More

Dressing Milestones

If your house is anything like my house in the morning, there are a lot of words exchanged back-and-forth between my kids and I about getting dressed. Phrases like, “Hurry up! Get your coat on! The bell is going to ring any second!” or “Your shoes are on the wrong feet! Flip them!” are currently an everyday occurrence. I’m grateful,

Read More
Pediatricians vs Family Physicians

Pediatricians vs Family Physicians

Awaiting the birth of a baby is an exciting time, and a busy one. Along with considering baby names and buying a crib, choosing the right health care provider should be on your to-do list too.  When it comes to medical care for kids, there are three types of qualified providers: pediatricians, family physicians, and pediatric nurse practitioners. About Pediatricians

Read More
Sleep Training

Helping your Child Sleep through the Night

When we think of the phrase “sleep training,” most of us probably think of babies.  Most parents know that babies need help and encouragement to sleep through the night.  What most parents don’t realize, however, is that school aged children often times need sleep training too!  In fact, it is estimated that 40% of young children are sleep deprived. Additionally,

Read More